Hired Hands Homecare: 10 Winning Arguments for Care at Home
It’s a well-known fact: the vast majority of seniors dream of aging in place over an eventual move to a nursing home or assisted living facility. Who wouldn’t want to remain in the comfort of their own home throughout aging? Aging at home allows seniors an unparalleled sense of safety and security, in the home and community that are familiar. In order for this dream to become a reality, however, additional assistance at home might become necessary. Professional home care agencies, like Hired Hands Homecare, provide affordable solutions.
Here are 10 ways that home care truly makes a difference in a senior’s life:
- Generally, in-home care leads to a higher satisfaction with life.
- Professional home care allows dignity, independence and comfort for a senior.
- Home care promotes healing. Studies have shown that patients heal more quickly at home versus in a hospital or nursing home setting with significantly less chance of re-hospitalization during recuperation.
- Home care supports and keeps families together because it allows them to stay more involved with the care.
- Private duty home care can offer personalized care tailored to the needs of the family and the senior.
- Home care services are delivered one-on-one, assuring more private attention than a nursing home or a facility. There is no “waiting for one’s turn” when care is needed.
- An in-home caregiver produces healthy and nutritional meals that appeal to the individual and can also keep a close eye on the amount of food eaten.
- A personalized daily exercise program can be implemented and followed through, with the added safety of a qualified professional being present.
- One can never underestimate the benefit of the familiarity of home, whether that includes just relaxing in a favorite chair or enjoying the daily cup of tea in a familiar corner.
- Home care offers accompaniment to and from various appointments, social activities or errands, allowing families more free time together as well as additional peace of mind.
Hired Hands Homecare offers a wide range of in-home care services, customized to each individual senior. To determine the best solution for your aging loved one in Marin, Sonoma, Napa counties and the Tri-Valley, contact Hired Hands Homecare at 866-940-4343.