Which Home Care Agency Is Right for You? Best Questions to Ask
In our previous blog post, we shared with you just a few of the many benefits of senior home care. In addition to those more tangible positives, being at home just feels best. Our memories have been made here, and it’s where we feel most comfortable and can be ourselves. Being at home also enhances independence for seniors, providing opportunities to make personal decisions throughout the day: what meals to eat and when to eat them, whether to read, take a walk, or invite a friend in to visit, when and where to rest and sleep, etc.
Once you’ve decided to look into home care options in California, the next step is choosing the best agency for your senior loved one. This can be quite an overwhelming step, however. You may find many in-home care options in your area, but how do you know which one will provide the highest quality of care? Because this is such a crucial decision, the team at Hired Hands Homecare has compiled the following questions to be sure to ask when researching home care agencies:
- How long has the agency been serving the community?
- Does the agency have printed materials explaining services and costs?
- Does the agency offer a Patient’s Bill of Rights that outlines rights and responsibilities of both the agency and the patient?
- Does the agency determine a care plan with input from the patient, his or her physician, and family?
- How closely are caregivers supervised?
- Will family members be informed of the care their loved ones are receiving?
- How are caregivers hired and trained? What type of employee screening is done?
- How does the agency ensure patient confidentiality?
- How does the agency handle billing?
- What procedures are in place to handle and resolve conflicts or problems? Who should you call if you have any complaints?
Gathering this information will help you make an informed home care decision for your senior loved one. We invite you to consider Hired Hands Homecare in your decision-making process.
Each of our caregivers are insured and bonded, rigorously screened, and provided with full training, to ensure your peace of mind in knowing your senior loved one is in capable and compassionate hands. Contact Hired Hands Homecare at 866-940-4343 to learn more!