Providing care for an older loved one, in spite of being incredibly rewarding, can also include a high level of caregiver stress. The full-time responsibility of meeting a loved one’s needs can quickly escalate to caregiver burnout – a dangerous condition which can cause loss of patience and emotional outbursts. This has an impact on not only the caregiver herself, but on her senior loved one as well.
It’s crucial to discover if you might be in danger of developing caregiver burnout, and seek assistance if needed. The questionnaire below from Hired Hands Homecare, experts at in home care in Walnut Creek and surrounding areas, can help you determine if you might have crossed the line from caregiver stress to caregiver burnout:
- Do you no longer find enjoyment in favorite activities or hobbies?
- Are you suffering from back pain, headaches, fatigue, and/or feelings of sadness or depression?
- Are you contracting more sicknesses than in the past?
- Is your temper shorter lately, either with your loved ones in private or in public?
- Do you lash out at your elderly loved one when he or she displays challenging behaviors?
- Do you feel more emotional lately? Do you find yourself crying for little or no reason?
- Have you unintentionally gained or lost weight?
- Are you having difficulty falling or staying asleep?
If your answers to these questions raise concern, it may be time to think about seeking help, for both yourself and your elderly loved one.
At Hired Hands Homecare, our fully trained and experienced experts at in home care in Walnut Creek are available to share the load by providing in-home respite care services – whether it’s just a few hours each week, or full-time, 24-hour care, allowing for a much-needed break for family caregivers to take care of their own personal needs, enjoy some downtime to relax and recharge, and to be better equipped to provide the highest quality care for their loved one.
To learn more about our services offering in home care in Walnut Creek and surrounding areas, contact Hired Hands Homecare at (866) 940-4343. Partnering with our professional care team means you’re never alone!