Need a Lifeline? Take This Survey to Determine if Care Management Is Needed
Hiring a professional care manager could potentially make your everyday life or the life of a loved one who needs care support easier; however, is care management the best choice for your particular situation? When determining whether or not to hire a care manager, also referred to as an Aging Life Care Professional, consider the following questions:
- Are your obligations or the adult’s care issues becoming more complex and numerous than can be comfortably managed alone?
- Are other family needs and responsibilities getting in the way of providing the desired amount of supervision and care for the loved one?
- Are care responsibilities interfering with the paid employment of family members?
- Is the current family caregiver struggling to provide the required level of care and supervision due to health issues or other reasons?
- Is the current family caregiver finding it challenging to coordinate all medical appointments and complete all of the paperwork requirements?
- Is the family caregiver finding it difficult to manage the love one’s finances and/or household?
- Are care decisions and questions causing conflict and disagreement in the family or among responsible parties?
- Is more knowledge of appropriate and applicable resources desired (community resources, state and federal programs and alternate living arrangements, etc.)?
- Do you or the adult loved one require services that relatives and friends don’t have the capability, skill or inclination to offer?
- Does family live an extended distance from the person requiring care?
If you answered “Yes” to three or more for the above questions, a professional care manager will likely be very helpful for the situation.
Hired Hands Homecare’s care management services provide families with the guidance, coaching, and support they need. With more than 100+ years of combined elder care expertise, families can feel confident in partnering with us to resolve even the most complex challenges. Our professional care managers can also connect adults and their families with relevant resources and coordinate, communicate, and collaborate with other members of the health care team.
To learn more about our care management services, contact Hired Hands Homecare, providers of award-winning in home support services in Santa Rosa, at (866) 940-4343. See our Locations & Service Area page for a comprehensive list of each of the communities we serve.