Tips from Hired Hands Homecare: Is Home Care the Best Option for Your Loved One?
Have you started the process of looking for home care services for yourself or a loved one? At Hired Hands Homecare, we know this is an important process. Finding quality care and knowing what level of care you or your loved needs can be overwhelming. We are here to help! We have broken down some of the main functions and ability levels that we take into account when recommending either part-time or full-time home care.
Minimal to Minor Care at Home:
- Emergency Responsiveness: The individual is able to negotiate stairs, call for assistance or respond appropriately to someone helping him or her during an emergency.
- Mobility: The individual is able to walk and transfer himself or herself from a bed or chair independently with infrequent falling.
- Activities of Daily Living (bathing, dressing, feeding, etc.): The individual is able to accomplish most activities with little help, perhaps needing assistance with meals or housekeeping or reminders about medications, assistance with grooming, etc.
- Mental Status: The individual has little to no mental impairment.
More to Full-time Care at Home:
- Emergency Responsiveness: The individual needs definite or major assistance in the event of an emergency.
- Mobility: The individual is prone to falls and needs either stand-by or full assistance walking or transferring.
- Activities of Daily Living: The individual needs reminders and/or full assistance with many or all activities of daily living.
- Mental Status: The individual has mild to moderate memory impairment, becomes disoriented often, and/or exhibits mild confusion.
Hired Hand Homecare provides excellent home care services in Marin, Sonoma, and Napa counties and the Tri-Valley area. Contact us today for a free in-home care assessment to determine the type of care you or your loved one need. Our care team can help you navigate this process and make sure you or your loved one gets the highest possible quality of care from our fully trained, background-checked, experienced and compassionate caregiving team.