Are Your Glucose Levels Unstable? Watch for These 7 Red Flags in Diabetes Symptoms
As many as 25% of all adults over the age of 60 are currently living with diabetes – a demanding disease that should never go untreated and that requires careful, ongoing management. If neglected, diabetes can lead to:
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- And even amputation
Managing diabetes symptoms is an everyday occurrence, and there will be certain days that you naturally will feel better than others. Contact us online or call us at (866) 940-4343 to learn how we can help you keep your loved one’s diabetes under control.
Red flag signs of diabetes symptoms
Yet, there are some signs of diabetes symptoms that should never be ignored, and that call for the immediate attention of a physician:
- Urinating frequently
- Feeling extremely hungry or thirsty
- Feelings similar to drunkenness
- Unusual behaviors, which may also indicate low blood sugar
- Infections, bloody or swollen gums, or foot sores
- Sudden changes in the eyes: vision, pain, or seeing lights or spots floating within the field of vision
- Any signs that could indicate heart problems or disease
For more information on critical warning signs of diabetes, click here.
Home care can help!
Older adults and their loved ones will likely find that, as they age, the need for help at home in many areas of daily living will increase, particularly if they are diagnosed with a chronic condition such as diabetes. The Santa Rosa home care experts at Hired Hands Homecare provide assistance with a wide range of needs, such as:
- Reminders for medications and glucose testing
- Scheduling and providing transportation to regular medical checkups
- Planning and preparing meals
- Help with personal care, housework and laundry
- And more
At Hired Hands Homecare, we provide elder care in Santa Rosa, Novato, Pleasanton, and the surrounding areas. Our customized elderly care solutions are available throughout several California counties, with as much or as little assistance provided as needed.