The 6 Best Coronavirus Resources for Seniors and Family Caregivers
Researching where to turn for the current, most dependable information about COVID-19, especially as it relates to older adults and people who take care of them, is extremely important – and can be difficult. Because of so many sources and differing opinions on this serious subject, we wanted to help make it more straightforward to locate what you need by building the following list of trusted Coronavirus resources for seniors and family caregivers.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Seniors: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page includes a great deal of information, including help determining who is at higher risk, symptoms, how to protect yourself, a checklist for the household, stress and anxiety coping advice, and much more.
- Coronavirus: What Seniors and People with Disabilities Need to Know: ACL offers details on what the elderly and those with disabilities need to be aware of to prevent being infected with and spreading the disease, in addition to signs and symptoms, state-by-state guidelines, and an extensive directory of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19: AARP keeps an ongoing bulleted list of the most recent information pertaining to COVID-19, as well as what seniors should do to reduce their risk of contracting it and answers to several common questions.
- Articles/Resources for Caregivers on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance publishes caregiver-specific articles and resources to help family members improve the safety of the seniors in their care.
- Comprehensive FAQ List on Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website dedicated to caregivers, created a commonly asked questions page to provide answers to a large number of questions, including precautions to take when visiting an older adult’s home, tips on how to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and more.
- NAHC COVID-19 Home Care Resources: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the scores of seniors who receive in-home care, and also for people who provide that care. Their COVID-19 information page provides articles, webinars, interactive tools, and more.
For many more resources to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, trustworthy, in-home care to maximize wellness and comfort for the seniors you love, call on Hired Hands Homecare any time. Adhering to a rigorous protocol to ensure the safety of the older adults we serve, we are able to assist with an array of crucial services, such as:
- Buying groceries and running other errands, to allow seniors to stay safe at home
- Preparing healthy meals
- Companionship to ease isolation and stress through social interaction, movies, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and more
- Keeping the house clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for those with dementia
- And many others
Call the Hired Hands Homecare care team, providers of trusted Sonoma home care, at (866) 940-4343 for an assessment within the safety and comfort of home, to learn more about how we provide the kind of home care Sonoma and the surrounding area trust most. To learn more about the other areas we serve in California, please visit our Locations & Service Areas page.
Leave a Reply